- Salary package commensurate with experience
- A fabulous career on offer with a highly reputable organisation
- Manage your own teams and a diverse range of projects
- Work and live in beautiful Latrobe Valley
- Has been established for over 15 years in plant outage and shutdown maintenance projects for the heavy industry.
- Provides a unique service to organisations Australia-wide and overseas.
- They rely on subcontractors to carry out work on remote sites.
- Projects include welding, maintenance, design and support, scaffolding, inspection and installation.
- Runs multiple projects concurrently throughout Australia and overseas.
- The client is seeking an experienced and qualified hands on Project Manager to join them on a full time permanent basis at their Latrobe Valley premises.
- There will be extensive travel involved.
- It is expected that you will be responsible to project manage, control a diverse range of projects at any given time relating to outage, maintenance shutdowns, and safety of power stations, etc.
- This requires someone to own their own position, grow relationships, create business growth and profits.
- You need to be able to carry out the tasks yourself.
- It is expected that you have in-depth knowledge and are able to work independently on estimating, labour hire. costing, tender presentations, project control and close interaction with contractors.
- This is ideally suited to someone who is a ‘non-big-company person’ with the ability to create opportunities, develop winning tender estimates and write super bid submissions.
- You will lead and monitor project delivery teams and manage the maintenance contracts, liaising with the Operations Manager.
- Take responsibility for managing workshops and overseeing the procurement and cost plans, along with the change management side of the business.
- Ensure all procedures are up to date and accurate.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- You have completed an apprenticeship.
- Ideally, a degree in Engineering plus qualifications in Project Management.
- You have the scars to prove you are a hands on Project Manager.
- Have a minimum of 10-12 years’ experience in heavy industry or a similar role/industry.
- This role will not suit a delegator!
- A clean driver’s licence.
- Again, there will be extensive travel involved, and you need to be able to commit to the travel as and when required.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and up-to-date resume to email@example.com, or simply hit apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org